Quote:

If a car has a 5 speed installed does that make it "not original"?

I do understand your point on the cutting the floor and trans/torsion bar mount cross member.

You just answered your own question.

Quote:

There has to be a point where an all original car is 100% original things like Detroit Air in the spare and so on.

Not sure what your question is on that one?

Quote:

My question should have probably been more specific like is it really necessary to have 6 speeds instead of 5 in a car that gets driven on the street to get to the track or high speed driving event .......not for a concourse show car.

In my experience a 6 speed won't offer much real world advantage over 5 speed for a driver or occasional track car.

What I like about the Passon 5 speed is simply this; If someone has a stock car with a body that hasn't been modified in any way and who wants to install a transmission which will allow the car to be more fun to drive he can do so with no worries about originality, and that's because it's a simple bolt in to swap back the stock original without worrying about body work on the floors and tunnel. The rarer and more desirable the car, the more this matters to some.