Quote:

Swinger, nothing can beat a new tranny for shift quality that is for sure. Out of curiosity what is your rear axle ratio? I would think if it is not within a certain ball park you would have to include a new ring and pinion in the cost calculation to keep all six in the "sweet spot". Asking because I truly don't know.

Isn't a Quick Time bell required and aren't they in the $600 neighborhood? What else has to be purchased or modified: clutch, clutch linkage, shifter handle & ball, yoke & u joints, does the drive shaft have to be cut? Does the $2895 include all that?

Not trying to be a pecker but you have to be all inclusive in cost comparisons and time/effort involved. Is the Passion a glorified aluminum case 883 OD? Yes. Is a T56 superior? Probably, but is it really cheaper? Labor may be free or maybe the OP would have to pay someone to do the install due to skills, time, tools?

My only experience with swapping in a modern trans was helping my friend install a "no mods" Keisler 5 speed. What a frickin nightmare. To this day it still wont shift worth a damn and that's after another clutch & throwout bearing and a trip back to the manufacturer. He is a very dissatisfied customer.

I agree, and the Passon has its place for ie; 1970 Hemi Cuda with a 4 spd already in it would be a perfect candidate. I think I have right around $3-3200 in my entire conversion. Yes Quicktime bell was $535 a year and a half ago when I bought it. Take into account that it is a scattershield and sfi cert'd. 10.5" Flywheel $150, clutch $300, driveshaft $400, Hurst billet shifter $130, shift handle ???, Viper slave cylinder $125 (Dorman), Wilwood master $100, braided line $30, an fitting $20, metal for floor and crossmember $75 etc. I already had clutch pedals. Here is a pic of my homemade clutch master setup with the Wilwood 7/8" bore master.

7832745-005.JPG (501 downloads)

Mopar to the bone!!!