Quote:

Has the richmond 5 spd lost all favor in this discussion?

isn't the richmond a 1:1 5th gear, making it an ideal "race only" transmission? the question here is about the Passion OD trans vs the T56, an OD trans.

anyway, I love the T56. I have one in my Dakota and don't have any complaints. Now, for the 3rd generation Dakota, it truely is a "bolt in" transmission, no sheetmetal modification required.

that said, I spent $1500 in the transmission off Ebay (used Viper spec T56) the quicktime bell was about $500, and then I got a custom flywheel made that had the tone ring for the factory EFI, cost me about $500. (non EFI motors can use a much cheaper flywheel option) and I have about $250 in my clutch.

the hydraulics are a hybrid of the SRT-10 truck hydrualic bearing (yes, slightly different than the viper part) and the stock Dakota master cylinder.

it was a pretty simple swap that if I had a factory 5-spd truck and the parts, I could knock it out in a day. If I had to start with an auto truck that needed a hole cut, and pedals added, then I would venture to say that it might take me a day and a half to 2 days.

**Photobucket sucks**