Quote:

Granted you may already a 4 speed 833 in your car so you may not need anything more than the transmission, but if you don't you would looking at $6000 to do a Passon 5 speed into a car that has an automatic in it.

$6000? I dunno about that. When I swapped my Diplomat over to A833 I had well under $1000 into it and I had to buy everything as there were no 87 M body sticks ever made.

I'll grant I bought used OEM parts for a lot of it. Bell (A body), flywheel (V6 Dak) was OEM used. New Sachs clutch, pressure plate and TO bearing off Ebay, new linkage rebuild kit (MP), Found a Volare in the boneyard with a stick, got the pedals, Z bar and floor hump. New Hurst Indy shifter. The A833 was out of a 70 A body, $100, later I bought three A833OD and various shifters, linkage, pedals, and such for $150 off Ebay, that is still sitting in my garage.

Now If I went SFI cert then I'd probably add another $500 to the bill. I guess you could get close to $6k going SFI and needing everything as well as the A855. But if you already have the A833, nope.

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.