I read on the ferd link to stay away from the spectra tanks or maybe it was senders..???

got the new muffs and tail pipes turned out in front of rear tires,way better than the old tubes down one side and glass packs.

got the 1966 dodge dart /6 10" unsilenced air breather painted and put on. kinda kool and looks good. it will go with the 68 VC with push on oil cap. got the oil cap with air breather..

I got my fill tube done today, I snagged a chebby stepside fill tube for a screw on cap. mounts in a plastic piece behind a gas door on the chebby stepside...I only used the short fill tube only.

I cleaned the gas tank paint/coating off the neck of tank fill tube,cleaned the chebby fill tube, pluged a vent tube hole in it, stuck it down into the fill tube on the tank, it is a slight 45* bend so it kind pressed down in there good and sticks...somewhat..nice and tight.

I used all-metal to fill the small gap on the 2 tubes, then spred a nice bead of all-metal around the whole joint/coneection to bond them together. looks better than a rubber hose with clamps for sure.

I got the drop shackles on for a 2" drop in the rear to level it out for street duty.

next up I am working on building some traction bars for the rear, going on top of leafs to the front spring mount.

I got a torque strap built and mounted from frame to front of engine, used 2 engine to trans braces welded together, then used some rubber shock bushings/cup washer/bolt thru the frame. cut down on vibs and gives just a little when engine torques hard.

got dark on me so I will get pics in the morning.

Last edited by scratchnfotraction; 03/14/14 12:36 AM.