well after a weekend of rain, got some clear weather and progress made.

the xmember needed some more mods to fit the speedo cable to speedo housing in trans. jeust needed a notch a little biger on the one side.

pulled measurement and cut the first hole in the floor to get started, then trim as needed for trans/tunnel clearance on the auto cab floor.

well we naild the center of hole with shift tower, but a lot more of the top of trans has to come up in the tunnel. trim/bind till it fit, then thinking of future trans work decided to go bigger so I could remove the top cover with shift rails/forks if need be.

the plan is to build a bolt in trans tunnel box to cover the hole and be small enuff to use the stock shifter boot.

the is a little bigger than I was expecting, but the 5 speed is a little bigger, so now I have room to R&R the top cover, lift the tailhousing up to R&R trans mount/xmember, has enuff clearance for the trans to move around a little with engine torque and not touch any of the floor pan/tunnel.

poly mounts went right on, so the listing stoped at 85 trucks but had a listing for 90-93 RC which has more hocky pucks than a truck.

you just use the correct bolt/sleeves/washer or the shoulder bolt/washers.

have to use all the new sin the kit and add a few of the stock washers with the correct ID hole stacked in the correct order for the bushing to bolt up.

now i will work on the wireharness and get it along with wiper motor/arms swaped over. going to make up some ground wires for everthing as I lay the harness in place.

feels good in the seat, shifter is in arms reach for shifting and no stretching.

I lucked out tinkering with the stock xmember/mount bolting in the stock 85 location and saved the hassle of a tank/exhaust change.

now to measure for a shft cut down and balance.

7918195-floorpatch#80.jpg (103 downloads)