more progress...got the auto trans/linkage removed,then got the 5 speed bolted up to the engine. xmember bolted in stock location with a little cutting and grinding.

turned the trans mount around and trimed the edge of the xmember,then a little triming on the trans mount itself.

this allowed me to keep the stock saddle tank and my duel pipes..

the van motor mount had the engine pushed over making the header hit the frame, so i got the truck mounts swaped in with a new set of rubber biscuts.

this raised the engine back up and level sitting in the chassis, pulled the trans forward just a tad to make just enuff clearance at the back of the 5 speed.

in the pic you can see the dent in the header and how hight the correct truck mounts lift the engine back up level. it was tilted a lot to make the pipe rub the frame edge.

this also let me get the exhaust pipes bolted back up to headers with less hassles. i found those 3 lifter/rocker arm taping sounds I had in the cab with rusted floors...muff shop miss 3 good spots on the top of pipes when welding them up.. i bet the goob did that on purpose...i saw him check it with a mirror.. but never double checked his work myself.

look for the black soot blowing out the welds on the pipes in the pics. I will get those welded up before cab goes back on for sure..cant stand exhaust leaks.

got the poly cab bushing ready to go, orderd them for the 85 truck,as they dont seem to list a set for a 91 cab..it is the same bushing set. the differance is the bolts and how the bushing washer stack up.

85 has a shoulder bolt with a nut/washers and goes in from the top with nut on bottom.

91 uses a bolt with metel sleeves and a couple washer with a big ID hole and a couple more with a smaller ID hole to sit on the sleeves...sort like a shoulder bolt would. and bolts go in from bottom into captured/adjustable speed nuts in cab floor.

just have to use washer supply and maybe a few of the washers from the stock cab bushing.. i used a couple of my old ones to get washers where the needed to be and take up enuff of the bolt so it is not to long.

drive shaft did not work out, so I will chop down a long one to fit.comes up just a little short.

next up is cutting the hole in cab floor and mounting the cab to frame.

the under hood wiring goes in place.

7902976-floorpatch#69.jpg (141 downloads)