some more progress made..

got the dash lights allsorted out and working. the white face gauges are very nice and a big help on night time driving.

nice green glow on low beam and a nice bright whit with a green tint to it on high beams.

big thank you to member 'to many 62s' for the whitface gauges.

swaped in the 3.55 gear 9 1/4 rear axle, worked good with the 33" boggers but did feel like 33" is a tad tall for it. swaped on the 235/75/15 on a 8" rim and that did the trick. picked mpg up to around the 19+ mark again. feels great for lowend torque and about 1800/2000 rpm in 5th gear is 55 mph. just the way I likes it.

this week end I am swaping in a 3.21 gear 8 1/4 rear axle to try that gear to see how it does.

I will swap the 10" brakes to 11" brakes on the 9 1/4 and install the lockright locker in it while it is on the bench for brakes.

3.55 gear smokes 1,2,3 real ez but start getting wheel hop hitting 3rd gear. buy I cant get the bog out of the q-jet with out some re-jetting so I swaped the eddy 60 back on the LD4B intake.

that changed the whole package with the whiplash roller cam, boy does it relly scream now..no bogs or flat spots and torque is awesome all thru the rpm range.

a big surprise is the eddy 600 is getting better mpg than the q-jet did and runs a lot smoother now//still chops good at a 750 idle and snaps right to 5500 rpm.

got some solid super joints on the way.. hope the cheapy u-joints hold out till then. need some tires already too.