I guess it is like a spool but much more forgiving in the turns. but agian it is spooky and does tend to lock if you gas it in the middle of the turn.

we hammerd this 75-9 1/4 rear axle with this same locker behind a 408 with a TKO 5 speed. it has held up fine and does the job well for locking the tires together. how long we shall see behind my whiplash roller 318 and nv 4500 5 speed.

the only reason my buddy sold me the axle/locker for 75 bux was it just eat him up with the noise the thing makes when locking -unlocking.

first time you hear it you think WOW! what broke?? it just has to do its thing and I got used to it. most times I am hammer down with them anyways.

I had one person on RCC show me pics of his that broke but high HP and larger mud tires are tuff on any of them.

I will mainly take advantage of the traction off road in the swamps/trails/woods getting to my fishing spots. nothing bad but a challege sometimes in a 2x truck when wet and 1 wheel peel.

best thing is less than 30 mins to R&R and replace the spiders if you dont like it. then send it to me.