been slow and now the holidays are upon us.

I got the windshield installed with a new gasket,should have the rear glass in today.

I got the correct gear oil at 85$ + 27$ shipping for 2.5 gallons and then order up a gallon jug at 35$ + 18$ shipping.

filled trans with the gallon jug and plan to keep oil on the shelf for future work on the trans.

I will be adding some billet alum finned heatsink coolers on both of the PTO covers (found coolers over on RCC) so I figure I can run it a while then change oil and add coolers to it later.

cut/balanced a drive shaft to 55" and got it installed,then finshed up some small stuff under the hood and took it for a shakedown run.

WOW!! that thing shifts smooth and with a 2.76 axle gear/235/75/15 tire it is long winded in all gears.

BUT! I can see I need to swap in the 3.55 gear to level it out some,it is lugging in 5th gear at 55 mph.

I am thinking of a daily driver I can take to the woods fishing. so I will cut down another 8 3/4 to a-body specs, add some 12" wide rims,flop axle on top of spring with a shackle flip.

this sits the truck down lower/level. then use a 14/35/15 ground hawg tucked in the fenders to get some ground clearance and sit the truck back up to stock ride height.

I figure a 3.91sg with the nv4500 turning a 35" tire should be well balanced as a driver and have some lowend grunt with the 5th gear overdrive not lugging at 55 mph.

got the rest of the weather striping for the cab/doors on order.

plan to prep/paint a set of front fenders/valace/doors in the cintron green,then remove the bed to patch,prep,paint citron green.

then swap out the old fenders,doors with the bed going back on,repaint the hood,cowl in hotrod black to finsh out the paint job.

I sure enjoy the change from turdflight blues to rowin 5