Dale jumped in the passenger seat, and Boone idled the barnyard out to the street. They returned in about ten minutes, and Dale guided Boone into the front of the 48' trailer.
"How'd it go?" I asked Boone as I helped him tie it down.
"Seven degrees caster might be too much, it was working the front springs pretty hard when you turn it!"
"Did it run okay?"
"Never really got on it, just wanted to make sure it shifted out okay, we only went four miles."

The Charger finally fired to life, and after a few minutes of Dale working his magic under the hood, the 440 started to sound pretty crisp. The next thing I knew Darren drove it around the side of the house, but instead of lining up for the trailer, he headed on down the street.
I cornered Dale, "What the heck is that about?"
"He's driving it over to his house to get all his stuff packed and ready, then he'll be back..."
"We'll be lucky to see that car in five hours!" I spat back through gritted teeth. I spun around and walked into the house before he could answer. I decided to lay across the big bed in Mom and Dad's room, rest my eyes, and give this frustration a chance to subside...

Rachael came in a few minutes later, "Are you okay?"
"Yeah, uhh, did I fall asleep?"
"I guess, Dale and Boone have been asking where you went. I've been washing up our laundry, figured now was the best time."
"What time is it?
"Little after 5."
"Yeah, I guess I did get a good nap, gonna need it for what we are facing tonight. Anyone heard from Darren?"
"They've been calling over there...Jamie says he'll be here in an hour."

I walked outside, Dale had already loaded the Gremlin on the small trailer, and was sorting through the shop to decide what to take.
"You using the hitch on the back to take your Gremlin trailer?"
"Nope", Dale shook his head, "Not gonna take it this year, you guys would just overload me anyway!"
"Probably a smart choice, we have our hands full as it is", I nodded.

7878347-100_0893.jpg (193 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines