April 20th found Dad, Dale, and Dale's stepson Cody at Mopars invade Mokan. Dad, apparently had a good day in his Duster, laying down 10.30's at 130, and going a few rounds before a -.001 red light ended his day. Cody had mounted up Darryl's wore out Goodyear SST Drag Radials, and was finding out why Darryl pulled them off. Running several traction limited 11.50's in his Aspen. Dale's day didn't go that well either, he had loaded up a bunch of spare parts to sell, including some of my Dart leftovers. The last 2 years he had really moved a bunch of stuff at this race, but this year, he couldn't give stuff away.

One of the items that made the trip was my 340 sixpack setup, this thing is complete, air breather to manifold, with linkage. Dale had one guy who seemed very interested and examined everything in detail.
"You know these are 71 service carbs, right?" He told Dale.
"Ok", Dale shrugged his shoulders.
"And this breather isn't correct for a fresh air car".
"OK, fine, your point?" Dale added.
"I'd give you 800 even with those issues."
"No". Dale ended the conversation and moved away.
He came back a few hours later and offered 1000, and got the same response, Dale said he seemed quite agitated as he stomped away.
Back home on Monday, Dale traced the numbers down on the carbs and found that they were indeed the correct 70 TA/AAR carbs for a 4 speed application. "If I ever see that guy again, I'm gonna punch him in the throat!" Dale told me over the phone.
"I did have one guy who wanted to trade a 69 D-100 with a 440 for it? Dale questioned.
"Naw, I'm not interested" I told him, "I've got too many Mopars already!"

7711248-april_003.JPG (97 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines