We drove through the back gate into the 3 acre pasture that serves as the Gebhart family salvage and storage center. Dad jumped up in the '89 Kodiak, and fired the 3208T to life.
"Yep, those were the keys!"
We opened the door on the 48ft Gooseneck and surveyed the work ahead of us. The 67 Barracuda, and 70 AMX Racecars were sitting on flat slicks, so I headed after Darren's air compressor.
"See If you can get the straps off, Dad!" I hollered back as I made my way to the shop.
Jamie brought me out a small round mirror, "This is Boone's door mirror, he asked me to find it for him."
I plugged the compressor in and chatted with her while it filled up, wondering what else might be hiding in the shop that he needed. I decided to give him a call, as I drug the compressor back across the pasture to the trailer. He answered with some incoherent babble that let me know I had just woke him up, and finally told me that he had not yet found all the inside door handles for the Barnyard. Two trips with the compressor aired up the tires enough to unload the cars, then we unloaded the remaining stuff from the trailer as well as the stuff I had decided to leave in Oklahoma. You know, pawn shops and fences have "cool down rooms" for stuff they think may be hot. I have my brothers' garages for stuff I don't want the wife to know I've purchased yet, same basic concept!

By the time we made our way back to Dale's house, it was crowding 11AM, and Darryl called to check on our progress.
"Are you guys rolling this way yet?"
"Ah...no, not even close what are you doing?"
"Stopped at a truck stop nearby last night, now I'm here at the campgrounds outside the track, hanging out with Tony Sanchez", Darryl countered.
"What are you doing?"
"He just pulled his trailer out of a side compartment of his motorhome, and they are assembling it. We've got a nice spot in the shade, got the cars washed up, it's really nice!"
"Yep", I was officially jealous, "I'll let you know when we get out of here...IF we get out of here!"

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines