I gave Darren's Charger an appraising look, and was appalled at how far he had taken the disassembly. The gas tank was off the car, the front bumper, grille, and supports were off the car, and much of the underhood wiring was missing.
Last year, the car had a Racepump manual pump with a deadhead regulator, and an orange box ignition system. He had ran a 13.0, then ruined the starter. Later the car went 12.80's, but was plagued by vapor lock/ fuel delivery problems, and burned up 3 or 4 blaster coils. So he went 180 degrees in the other direction in an effort to deal with those issues. A Mallory Comp 140 electric fuel pump replaced the manual Racepump, and A MSD 6AL and new wiring were called upon to eliminate the coil problem. The problem now was that both of these conversions were only about 50% done.
Then I overheard him telling Dad, "When I'm at work tomorrow, I need you to change the brake cylinder on the right side. It's been leaking, and there is a new one in the trunk."
"Ok, I'll get to that." Dad agreed.
"Then, I've got brand new polyurethane spring mounts to replace the old rubber ones, and a pair of traction bars that will have to be modified to fit."
"Alright", Dad nodded his head.
I had to walk away to keep from losing my cool. He had major problems with axle wrap up last year, and I had told him to buy an iso-delete kit from Firm-Feel Inc. to take care of it. Now he was intent upon using a band-aid for the problem, and expecting Dad to install it?

Dale fired the Gremlin, checked to see if reverse was working with the tranny brake, then shut it off. He hooked up the trailer, and tried all the lights, it appeared that all the wiring inside The Gremlin was ready to go! He still had to wire the front clip, as it was not yet mounted on the car, but he had a pigtail already on the car for it to plug into.

I had already mounted the two new tires on my trailer, and moved the spare back to it's spot. I sat in a folding chair at the back of the shop, and watched Dale bounce between wiring on the Truck, and helping Darren on the Charger. I finally headed for bed and left the three of them to it.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines