I woke Wednesday morning, and realized Rachael hadn't came back to Dale's last night. She had went partying with 2 of her male cousins on her Mom's side of the family, and my feeling was, she had probably drank them under the table.

When I walked out to the kitchen, everyone was sitting around having breakfast, so I felt as though I hadn't slept very long after all.
"We waited for you as long as we could, son", Dad commented. "I've already been up for 3 hours."
I looked at my phone, "10AM! How did that happen?"

When Boone arrived, I conned him and Dad into looking over the transmission in the Belvedere. Boone re-adjusted the shifter, they added 3 quarts of fluid, then test drove it and declared it good. I had brought an extra RMVB with me, because earlier they thought it may have a valve body issue, but they assured me it was good to go. Since that hurdle was over, I installed the trans cooler on the Belvedere, something I had been procrastinating on for 6 months and changed the oil on it.
Rachael arrived about the time I buttoned it up.
"Where have you been?"
"Had to wait for one of those losers to wake up so they could bring me back over here!"
"Show those lightweights up, did ya?"
"Sure did, when the jagerbombers got flowing, they couldn't hang!"
That's my girl, sheesh! I sent her on an errand run, wash and vacuum out the Belvedere, fill it up with 91, pick up some ice for our coolers, and a small list for the parts store.

I made my way over to the garage to check on Boone's progress. I helped him with the driver's side header, and noticed Dale had installed the hardline for the rear brakes, up to where he installed the proportioning valve, then had stopped on that job. He must've done it last night, because it wasn't on there when I arrived yesterday...wow, I missing stuff already! Since I need to re-do the hard brake lines on the Valiant, and need some practice, I thought "hmm, why not screw up someone else's lines before I tackle mine!"

I was well into that project when Dale finally rolled in from work, dragging a two wheel trailer, which looked far too big for it's intended purpose. He had given the builder very specific instructions, but this guy decided to expound on those instructions, and build it his own way! It'll make a good trailer for pulling around behind a truck, but is a bit overwhelming for the Gremlin it was intended for!

7861117-100_0874.jpg (136 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines