Rachael came out as I was bolting a fresh 15lb bottle in the trunk of the Satellite.
"We going to be loading up and leaving soon?"
"Doubtful", I shook my head, "These guys aren't even close".
"We could just go ahead ourselves." She had lobbied to spend Saturday at Beech Bend since the first day I showed her the overhead view on Google maps and she spotted the amusement park.
"It's just not that easy", I lamented. "Hey, I need you to take the Satellite into town, and give it a wash and vacuum like you did the Belvedere."
She looked at the Satellite's worn and battered flanks and scrunched her nose up, "Why bother?"
I ignored the sarcasm, "fill it up with fuel, and grab 5 gallons of 91 for Boone, hopefully we can get the cam broken in on that thing today!"
She held up her hand like a bellhop, and I produced my card..."And grab some more ice" I begged. The heat was already on the rise.

Terry was making serious headway on the interior, he had the seats and seatbelts in and out several times. Finally he was happy with the fit, and finished up the installation with the seat covers while Boone fought with the locking lace, completing the windshield install at long last. The 2 of them collaborated on the passenger's side door install, then Terry wished us luck and headed home. Without his 20-25 hour contribution there is simply no way the Barnyard Viper would have made Drag Week 2013.

7869373-100_0882.jpg (90 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines