If you look real close at the attachment in the above post, you will notice the carpet roll on top of the Gremlin...that was scheduled for use in the Truck. If you look at the cab of the truck you will see 4 pieces of tape holding in the new windshield gasket. It still had a large droop in the middle.
"I had to cut a piece out of the back gasket", Boone commented, "It was just too big...I may have to do that to the front one."
That just didn't sound right to me, and I was concerned these guys were going to end up breaking the windshield. So I made a phone call to my glass guy in Phoenix.
"Do not let them cut that gasket!" he implored. "Just work it into the corners really good. When they lay the glass in at the bottom, make sure they work the sides in evenly before they start at the top. Most windshields get broken because they have the bottom and one side completely in and are pushing hard to get the other side in place as they work across the top!"
Adam really gets into his glasswork, especially on older classics, it took me another 15 minutes to get him off the phone so I could relay the info to Boone.

Rachael returned from her trip to the parts store with 2 cans of Charcoal grey metallic paint, and I went behind Dale's shop and grabbed a set of white police wheels with dry rotted slicks on them. I gave dad the task of repainting them. Boone had promised me a set way back in 2011, and now I wanted them to mount the 235/70 street tires currently on the back of the Satellite on. The plan was to put the new set of 255/60 MT Drag Radials on the Convo Pros for Drag Week, despite Dale's warnings that "They'll Rub!" and his constant statement that "Those street tires have been 12.40's, they'll hook just fine!". I knew I had to make an aggressive move to get my hands on 2 of the police wheels, because between my 3 little brothers, they have about 10 of them, but if you ask, each one will claim that HE owns all 10!
Another item I had Rachael pick up on her trip was seat covers for the Satellite. The seats had been recovered in an inferior grade vinyl 12 years ago, and the driver's seat was in pretty bad shape. She had called me from the store to tell me the options. I chose the grey sheepskin, and she told me it was 55 bucks, for the pair.
"For 2", I asked, thinking that was way too cheap. what could the quality be like.
I put her on the task of installing them when she returned, and she came over after a while and said, "Dad, there was only 1 in that box!"
I chuckled to myself, "That's fine dear, did you put in on the drivers side?"
"Yeah, do you want me to go back and get another one?" she asked.
"Nope, that will work." I love that child, but she constantly reminds me that the red hair is a dye job.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines