Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

These numbers are just amazing. I race a lot with the LSx crowd. I haven't seen any of them making this kind of power short of a big cube LSx motor and aftermarket heads and far bigger cam. Speaking of cams, could you post the specs on it?

Tom, Steff had LSM grind him a custom camshaft which laid down at 7000 rpm. More importantly I'd like to know what improvements Steff made to the chamber of his 6.1 heads??? Port velocity vs cfm flow
#'s is number 1.

Jerry, I couldn't tell you anything about the chamber other than after the engine blowed up at MMW 2011, Jeff welded the chambers up to fix the damage, eliminated those recessed pads the 6.1's had. The chamber now looks like the Eagles and Apaches. He installed new seats, guides, re-CNC'd the chambers due to all the welding, installed bigger 2.100 and 1.62 S/S valves. I then had the heads cut to get chambers to 67cc's. Before cutting, they were 73cc's. I don't even think they were re-flowed with the new larger valves. I guess they are what they are.

Cam from LSM was totally their call. I told them what characteristics etc.. I wanted and they made what they thought would do it.

244/250, 112 in at 108, .400 lobe.

Sweet info Steff Kinda figured your cam was in the 240ish range.

After welding up my quench pads on my 5.7 heads and using Ferrea 2.08"/1.62" valves I ended up with a 82cc chamber. I only picked up 2cc from the stock chamber that use 2.00"/1.55" valves, however reduced my quench by .050".

Jerry Williams.