Jerry, I totally dig what you're saying, but here's my take and observation. With the Intake Shaft notch up, with notch towards valve side, there are two holes in shaft for each rocker that face the push rod side of the rocker, for lifter oil feed, and then there's one small hole on the bottom of the shaft, in-line rocker spring oil feed hole.

Based on what you're saying, if you rolled the shaft, the pushrod/lifter feed would be on the wrong side of the rocker, unless you also flipped the shaft so the notch was at the opposite end, then the spring oiler feed hole would be on top of shaft.

So, is this shaft orientation deal, something you figured out on your own to improve over the factory orientation? Again, my old rocker assy's and the new ones I just bought were factory assembled with the notch's up and pushrod feed holes to pushrod side of rocker.

On a side note, with the shafts oriented as I received them from factory packing, with notch's up, I primed my motor this morning, spinning my oil pump with an electric drill motor and was able to shoot oil out of the rockers spring oiler feed holes, darn near across the shop.

Please, don't think I'm saying you're wrong. Just trying to understand.