I can do that for you. I have a BB with a 600 carb dialed in for a 650 idle. I set my timeing and carb with the vac gauge along with the light for checking what it likes.

it is dialed in on mine,idle at 650 and stomp it to floor and it goes right to WOT. no bog. just

I do the q-jet on the SB the same way,timeing light with vac gauge,dials it right in..i did have to tighten the back airdoor on the q-jet to fix the bog while tuning. it idles 650 and goes right to WOT makes the q-jet sound and drinks gas.

with my old vac gauge i dont focus on the numbers so much. just watch it to see it reach its peak vac point and see how much I move it down from there and back up to peak.

the old trick is to get the highest vac reading and back down 1 full Hg and try it to see if it likes that. just keep repeting and reseting curb idle,air mixture screws,timeing till you find what it likes. find the base and make notes from there..keep track of timing settings as you tune.

I have mine set for good daily driving on the SB, but add some 91 gas.bump 4 more degrees of timeing and it picks up power without pinging. it will ping on the 87 gas, so i back it down 4 degrees to my base line setting.

IMHO,what it likes will not be the specs in the FSM book.

Last edited by scratchnfotraction; 10/19/12 01:17 AM.