Quote:

You would take off the heavy link that connects the primary and secondary shafts on the passenger side. Yes you'd set initial on the manifold vacuum (drivers) side with the can operational then shorten the slots to get 35 (SB) with the vac can temporarily capped off then mix/match springs staying just under the pinging point @ WOT then plug the can back in & check for pinging in everyday varied driving conditions & if needed turning the allen wrench CCW will give less advance at a given in hg along the cans' slope

The secondaries: that short heavy link is what the instructions said would adjust the initial opening point of the secondaries. It sounds like I need to just readjust the link so that the secondaries are nearly open when the primaries are also open, and just not worry about when the secondaries begin to open in relation to the primaries.

Timing: Ah, ok- since the distributor's already apparently been set up to max out at 35degrees (hopefully) then I need to just set the initial idle advance while running the can off the manifold vacuum. Then as you say drive it around and figure out if I need to mix/match the centrifual springs. With the new setup, I'm going to back down my initial advance to 15 degrees and we'll just have to see how it goes.

Am I understanding that correctly?

'69 Dodge Charger R/T