Quote:

Quote:

The distance between the vertical part and the tip of the rotor is VERY small- about 1/16-1/32" But you're saying I need a bigger distance than 1/8" between the top of the tip of the rotor and the base ('base' being the horizontal flat portion) of the spark plug wire terminal?

I had understood it (my bad) that the top of the rotor tip was an 1/8" away from the bottom underside (vertical side) of the cap terminal which is too much gap. If the lateral distance is 1/16-1/32" so that the actual distance between the 2 pieces of metal is 1/16-1/32" then the vertical height of the rotor along the length of the vertical side of the cap terminal ain't important as long as it is not so high that it is hitting the top horizontle portion of the cap terminal. Sounds like we're good

I'll post the pics anyway- but I think we are good, too. There's plenty of clearance above the tip of the rotor- even if I take up all the shaft's end-play (which certainly isn't much anymore), and the horizontal clearance from the rotor tip to the vertical facing of the terminal is much better than that of the old rotor (I probably easily had 1/8" gap from the old rotor). I'm hoping to get a MUCH better spark from this than what I've been getting before.

'69 Dodge Charger R/T