Quote:

Oh OK I see what they did, just deburring from welding the slots to shorten them. If the round shoulder on the bottom center which contacts the plastic spacer is not ground away (looks untouched in the pic) then add a washer on top to reduce the top end play. If the shoulder was ground off I would additionally add a washer on top of the plastic spacer so the slot piece is just off of the weights to maintain the original dimention. If yours is ground I can get the amount of thickness tomorrow

After looking it over, the bottom center shoulder looks largely untouched. The scuff marks may've been from the deburring process as you say. The shoulder is about 1/16" thick- maybe a little thinner, but not by much. When assembled, it still clears the weights and the plastic spacer does stand slightly above the weights (again, around 1/16") I'm thinking that the slop I see is just a result from normal wear.

So I'll try to find a washer (or washers) that will fit the top part under the clip (and preferably hi grade), and I assume I'm shooting for as close to .005" end play as I can get.

'69 Dodge Charger R/T