Quote:

the vertical spacing is good as the tip is well into the range of the vertical wall & the lateral clearance seems alot in the pic but you said it was 1/16-1/32" which is acceptable & I'm sure the Echlin MO3000 .060" longer rotor helped with that. You can actually reduce it to .010-.015" lateral clearance by soldering material to extend it or bolting on part of a tip from a junk rotor but that requires dead on tight bushings tho any excessive gap that the spark has to jump outside the cylinder raises the required voltage & is a waste but we're plenty good for now & lets hope it was the cause of the stumbling. Do save that cap in the pic & drill a 1/2" hole in the top flat 2/3 of the way between the center post & the #1 cap terminal so we can check rotor phasing with a timing light when we get it running which'll be the 3rd clearance we want blueprinted (1) lateral clearance (2) rotor height (3) rotor phasing. Actually a 4th one is the height (sideways) of each reluctor tooth

Yea- sorry about the pics. I know it's hard to see things - my camera isn't good at close-ups....

Right- I was thinking of drilling out that sensor tower for the rotor phasing check - I think that's between the coil wire tower and the #1 tower. The drill press should make short work out of that....

As for the rotor tip clearances, I agree- I think we're at the point where we need to see if any of the changes did any good for the engine and go at it from there.

Hopefully I'll find that gauge today- if not, I'll have to order a set from someone on the Internet (noone in town seems to sell plastic gauges...)

'69 Dodge Charger R/T