I would get a gallon or two of the carb soak cleaner and give that a good soaking. then blow it with 150 psi of air with rubber airtip/gun.

a little rubbing with a soft wheel brush in a dremal should take care of the bad spot in the venturie.

that e-10 is corosive and thats what it does to alum after a while. I have a carb in way worse shape that that from sitting about 10 yrs now. its white flaky scale and frooze up solid.

with a good soaking you can get all of the tar out with air and water rinse with out removeing the mill plugs on the end of the passages. as long as they have not been removed they should not leak.

but the JB weld is ok for this also. I do the jet wells on all of the q-jets i rebuild. not so much on edelbrokes.

a tip I have found going behind goobers rebuilding carbs is keep the front 2 jets together and the rear 2 jets together as pairs.

I have fixed more 20$ swap meet edelbroke/carter carbs with nothing more than the jets all mixed up in the wrong holes. they call it junk and could not tune it. I set them back up to stock specs and it works fine.

I have those springs and squirters you can have when you get back to a base line to start fine tuning it.

a clean carb is a happy carb.

Last edited by scratchnfotraction; 10/10/12 09:50 PM.