Quote:

Might get a good ribbed cap also with brass terminals. NAPA offers an Echlin MO 3000 rotor with a .060" longer blade, $8.xx. Could be a stackup of tolerances and I'd remove the dist & drive out the lower roll pin and remove the plastic collar and add 1/2" ID flat washers & get your end play to .005" then add the collar & drive in the roll pin. www.speedwaymotors.com has a cheap kit or your hardware store. Might drill a rectangle or 2 in the side of your cap & mockup & check your actual clearances and I would drill a 3/8" hole in the top flat of the cap 2/3 of the way between the center terminal and #1 terminal & check rotor phasing with your timing light at idle and above idle (ported I'm assuming) vac adv will shift it CW on a BB and CCW on a SB from the no vacuum position

Thanks Robert- I'll see if I can find those at NAPA. On the washer though- wouldn't I want something like a Grade 5/8 for that? I'll check the end play on the distributor and try to shim that down to .005" (I seem to think/remember that it's certainly got a lot more play than that- but I didn't think it was bad enough where the rotor would hit the terminals)

'69 Dodge Charger R/T