Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I was also wondering if there are different length brake pedals. Something along the lines of a longer brake arm to increase leverage at the master cylinder to increase line pressure and caliper clamping force.

Mine still has the stock brake pedal that came with the power assisted drum brakes.

Thanks in advance for any input

Ron

You nailed it.

Power brake pedal not the hot ticket for manual brakes. The pedal ratio is a lot less. If you can find a manual pedal and a master with a 15/16 piston I will guess you would see around 1200 psi maybe more. 800 psi and discs must get a little exciting in a not so good way. There are some math formulas that you can calc out pressure for a given pedal ratio/pedal input/master piston size.

AndyF would be a good source for that info.

Kevin

I don't think every Mopar has a different ratio from manual to power pedel levers.

Years, models for that

Well that's what assume gets me. I know C-bodies have a power and a manual pedal. It seemed reasonable to assume a B would too for the same reasons. Has anybody got a pedal from a manual car and a power car to compare? Then we would all KNOW.

Kevin