Quote:

Quote:

Here's a file that compares manual to power brakes.

www.ma-uav.com/Manual_v_Vacuum_Brake_Pressures.xls

It looks like it takes the surface area of the booster and current vacuum to calculate the additional pressure provided.

Then it has two lines for each manual and power so you can compare different sized MCs. I think the table on the right is different foot pressures. For power it then adds the pressure provided by the booster (I think it's looking at the 9").

Although I think it needs to take into account pedal ratio somewhere in there

As always, use this at your own risk

This is my file, so I'll answer some questions on it. I'll clean it up and host a better version on my website later.

The pedal ratio is accounted for- but isn't in an obvious place for you to toggle. That is calculating off a fixed 9" single booster. The numbers at the top of the table are foot force in pounds.

I didn't realize hooziewhatsit was going to host this for download when I emailed it to him. I'll make it more user friendly tonight and make that version available for download.

User friendly version posted here:
http://www.3gduster.com/brakes.html

Manual vs Vacuum

The equation isn't going to be correct down low, given it just adds the full vacuum force to the manual force you're pushing. It's a useful equation to get an idea for the upper end.

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course