Quote:

Effective radius of the rotor is unrelated to the piston diameter. It is the center of contact for for the brake pad to the rotor. Typical undergrad engineering calculation put it outboard of the center, but the taper wear of pads typically moves back inboard. So the center of contact is good compromise.

What this calculation does is average the diameter of the rotor and the diameter of the rotor minus the piston diameter. Doing that finds you the center of the piston. That is going to be pretty close to the center of the pad.

Now, I'm NOT going to measure every stinkin pad in the world and spoon feed you the information.
If you want to use the calculation, go for it.
If you want to gather all the info from each individual setup and present it to the person requesting it in a 24 hour 7 day format then be my guest.

Again, put down the engineering texts and reread the part where I said these were good enough to get the average guy in the ball park without requiring a high level of math or engineering degree.

Now, are you frothing at the mouth or trying to accomplish something else?

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon