Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I can get my 500 using iron heads stock crank, rods, hydro cam, stock shafts and rockers and you can't.

I'd like to see this - 500 at the crank with all stock parts

why's that? You can get it with old school TRW 10.5:1 pistons, LY rods, stock crank, home ported 915 or 906 heads, 1 7/8" headers, RPM intake and a 509 cam.
Think not? Here's a freinds old set up in a full steel 67 GTX. As mention above stock carnk 440 w/ TRW's ported 915 heads, 1 7/8 headers, 509 cam, Stock shafts/rockers and a six-pack. Not sure what stall but he had 4.10's and ran 11.80 @ 116. That's about 465 at the rear wheels. I'll bet that's over 500 at the crank. Could be equaled w/ a single 4. I have another friend that ran the same thing except a 557 solid in a 70 4 speed RR, he had about the same #'s w/ more mph but I'm guessing the RR is a little heavier. Nothing fancy about either set-up.

The average et/mph for the B-Body 440 combo is around the 11.80-11.30 range. Anything else, stroked 440 or not, is a bonus. Smallblocks, built
right can reach the 11.40-11'teens range, stock stroke, (it's been proven) so I would be wary of the races picked. The "true" costs of build where it consists of money spent where it's needed, will determine the cheapest build. And
for the sake of advancing technology, it isn't always the Big Block.

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)