Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mr.yuck i was going with original post horsepower for the money. to me 2200 or 4000 dollars for a half second is pretty expensive. between big block and small block good quality parts about same price then add 4000 dollars just to keep up with big block just ain't cheap.give me half the supercharger cost with big block and it will blow the doors off the small block

My buddy with a 406 small block and a liitle procharger F-2 on pump gas and 15 pounds of boost made 711 hp to the rear tire. Figure thats 100 hp in drivetrain losses and 150 hp to turn the supercharger so thats almost a 1000 hp on pump gas and a small block lets see your combo for a n/a big block on pumpgas that makes that kind
of steam!!

Only been to track once. Blew the tube off the carb at 800 to 900 feet went 10.73 at 88 mph. It ran a 6.11 to the 660 so it's hailin the mail. Oh did I say it was on 17 in drag radials too. It a protouring car with big brakes and all.

what did it run I've seen plenty of 1000hp cars on pass time running 10's

Thats pretty simple the hp the blower is killing should never be added back in, the blower ate it up it's gone. The car is making 711 at the wheels so its a 820 to 850 at the flywheel.

Getting old just means you were smarter than some and luckier than others.