Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

budget build 550hp how much $$ are you going to have in the small block.how much $$ are you going to have in the hemi.and then how much money will you have in a 383 400 or 440.

right, nobody said you can't make 550 w/ a SB, but it can be done much easier and cheaper w/ a BB. I didn't add Hemi's because hey are too expensive for most. I've know guys that took a lower milage 440 apart in the grage, re-ring, quick hone, new t-chain, cam, clean up the heads, reassemble add used intake, headers, 750DP and run mid 12's in a heavy B-body. (BTW that's 11's in an A-body) Not going to do that w/ a small block. Not as cheap anyway.

I think some of you need to do a actual price
comparison to see whats what... take a head and price
the same head in both BB and SB and do the same for
the rest of the parts to see what the price difference
really is(dont take a cheap 440 part to a expensive
SB part... try to make it the same part)... yes I
know I can buy the big dollar heads for a SB and have
to get all the pricey stuff thats needed to go with them

all those pricy parts that needs to be added to the good smallblockheads arent realy all that expensive depending on how you look at it, if you build a motor from scratch and wants good highquality parts all the way it adds up anyway nomather if its exotic heads or not. for an example i dont think jesel or T&D rockers will be much more expensive for a W9 compared to a stock or stockreplacement head