Just some observations, and some questions.

Mopar guys are definitely different than most of the Chevy and Ford guys I know.
The Ford and Chevy guys almost always have one car, with one goal and one class they want to Race, then they persue that goal with everything they have until they win, they meet thier expectations, or it breaks them financially or otherwise. Then they sell all that stuff and head off in another direction.
Mopar Guys want a Cool B-body street car, a new SRT-8 something, a restored 340 A-body like they had in high school. They have a caged drag car, that has to have a tag, in case they want to go on Drag Week, it has to have a trans brake for pro-tree classes in case they want to run NHRA Super Street, or the Index class at the local Street car shootouts, and any electronics have to be removable so they can run at the Heritage Series or local nostalgia events! They just found a barn-find E-body that was priced right, it's going to need everything but they couldn't pass it up, but they'd really like to build a Top Sporstman ride someday or maybe a heads-up car, or what about a SS-AH car...

Yeah it's a big difference, I like to think Mopar guys are a little more prudent...prudent hoarders, ok OK, so we have some unresolved issues, but it doesn't make us CHEAP, just unfocused...I guess.

I've spent 4K in parts on my mopars since 11/30, problem is thats spread out over 4 different toys .

The only thing I own, that I've ever raced, that wasn't a stock block deal, Is a Indy Maxx low deck 512 with -1 heads, which I purchased complete, used for 10K, after I had put 60 passes on it, and was pleased with the reliability, and knew it would fit into my program.

When I look at what I can afford to race, class wise and engine wise, it's important to set expectations and parameters.
For myself I have no desire to persue a class which requires my engine to be freshened or gone through in 25-100 passes, that just doesn't meet my "Bang for the buck" requirements. I personally know guys with engine programs that need that kind of maintenance, in Comp Eliminator, Super Stock, Top Sportsman, Top Dragster, a plethora of local and regional heads-up classes, and even the occasional small-block Stock eliminator record chaser.

I think the majority of Mopar guys go through this same kind of checklist. Do I want to run Super Comp and fast brackets with a Dragster? Do I want a 6.0 cert chassis door car to run SG/ Fast brackets/possibly TS-Q16 stuff? Do I want a 4 link 7.50 cert door car that will work for SG/SST fast brackets, or will a back-halved traditional Mopar Muscle car with an 8.50 cert and ladder bars better fit my budget.

Since most of us have more cars than cash floating around, when that 15,000 to 25,000 dollar Daytona is available, or that 35,000 to 95,000 dollar ex top sportsman or ex pro stock ride becomes available...we don't make that jump, even if it would be smarter than what we end up doing, which is continually upgrading what we already have.

So The B-1s and the 440-1s come out and the typical Mopar guy looked, and said, "That's a big jump, intake, rockers, headers, I'll be 5k+, I'll just port my 906's. Mopar Performance comes out with the Stage VI, which is plagued with numerous quality issues and doesn't perform as advertised.

And we're labeled as cheap.

Edelbrock releases the RPM, which is aluminum, fits all the stock stuff, works great with stock stroke combos, is competitively priced, responds great to porting and is a tough quality casting. It makes factory heads obsolete and is an instant hit.

In an effort to bridge the gap, B1-BS and Indy SRs try to adress a section of the market. Affordable Stroker kits make it more realistic for those who decide to use B-1s and 440-1's

Fred Brewer builds an excellent head, but it was 15 years too early, and poorly marketed

Indy has to release the EZ series because manufacturers won't or refuse to build quality headers for the raised port RB engined stock chassis cars.

As the horsepower wars grow, and cubic inches grow, a niche market forms for guys who want need more power than a stock bore space 440-1 or B-1 can provide. So Indy builds a 572-13, and B-1 derivitives with alphabet soup lettering like MC, TS, PSO become avaiable.
Obviously the tip of the spear is a small point, the 4.80 bore space wedge engine has seen 50 years of refinement and development, and here comes the Predator. A Niche head, in a niche of a niche of a niche market.

And they don't sell like crazy, so we're labeled as cheap.

440 Source builds an aluminum head with a solid casting, which LOOKS stock, and they bring it in at a price point under the RPM, it reponds well to porting, and they market the heck out of it.

They sell tons...That proves it Mopar guys are cheap!

So my question, Why hasn't the 4.84 BS Indy 600-13 caught on? It's just a big ole grunt motor that repeats well, is reliable, and everyone I've talked to who went that route seem pleased. Is it just not a big enough jump?

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines