Quote:

Quote:

HP aint cheap, especially NA HP. Dont matter what brand in that case. Look into the mountain motor stuff. Thise are basically $1000+ per cube engines..

FWIW a set of 12 degeee Raptors are $7K just for the heads. That is for a comparable BB Chebbie head..I think you will find that the Predator stuff is in the same price ballpark as comparable heads for the other makes.

IMO if you are buying all new stuff trying to build 1200+hp naturally aspirated you are gonna spend similar money on all of them. Now the difference being you can find good used Chevy and Ferd stuff out there, not really much Mopar stuff out there. Also there are a few options for the bowtie guys to get there.

when it gets to this level, isn't it pretty much an aftermarket race engine? what is "chevy" in a Big Chief motor, or "Ford" in a Thor head motor, or for that matter "Mopar" in a predator head motor?

don't all the realy big (600 cube+) motors have non-stock bore spacing & deck heights? they all have aftermarket rotating assemblies, the heads don't really share any similarities to any production heads beyond they have valves, springs and ports, etc....

I guess I don't see what all the bellyaching is about when you get to that level of racing...

"chevy" "ford" and "mopar" really are irrelevant as far as the engines go...

just my

your right, they are all the same. The blocks uesd to be some of the difference but not anymore. It really just comes down to engineering savy, can the mopar guys or the ford guys engineer a "pro stock" type head as good as the chevy guys? Or vice-versa? Its what camp the winning motors come out. Thats where the competition is...so it really has nothing to do with the "brands" anymore. hope this makes a little sense anyway..thats my take on all this.