Quote:

Quote:

From my perspective building a T/S motor it will be hard to compete $ for $ with a GM based mill. A buddy just picked up his T/S Camaro with a 632 Sunny's. 632 CID iron block and 1385 hp for around 40 K. That is alot of steam for 40 K just saying.

http://www.bearsperformanceproducts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=885

Well, I won't know the answer to that question until September. And you will all know the answer if you keep up with my postings as we go forward with my Predator project or make it to MATS in 2012. But I can tell you, the P/S hemi deal would be a labor intensive peice, and not really bracket equipment unless you like to change springs, check bearings, lifters etc. on a regular basis.
And as far as the 632 for 40K, they don't all run the same or make the same power as advertised, like any race motor. And I may not make 1385HP, and I won't spend 40K. Also, the horsepower may not be far off from that 1385HP number, it's all BS until in the car and making timeslips. I think I have the best guy building it (Steve Gill) and he races what he sells. There are other good engine builders to be sure, but I am confident we'll make good power at a reasonable price. It will also carry the Mopar banner, and reasonable was the question in the post. Just my