Quote:

Quote:

BAE heads new bare are around $6000. Don't forget around the same for complete rockers. $1600 for bare intake.Plus all of the smaller parts. There are places that race heads up and if you are a mopar guy you are 2 steps back as soon as you start.I have to thank the guys who push the motor combo's and find new things that work for us mopar racers.

With my latest venture into the Predator world, I am learning many things. One is that big inch Hemis, 632 and Chevys, bracket blower motors that are durable and their componants, are very expensive. Less expensive options would be used engines, turbo, and nos. But if you think a new Chevy 632 bracket/heads up 1200-1300 is less trhan 35.000, you need to just look in the Wally guide to see what Schmit, Reher, charges for these motors. And they make them by the dozens with volume purchases on parts. The Mopar guy is a loyalist. We don't have near the options the GM guys do. That's why the guys who develop parts for us, deserve respect. They do it for the same reason, they are Mopar loyalists. Only it costs them more than the rest of us to be Mopar guys. And they have to wait years at times to recoup the money laid out for this development. So you have to ask yourself if you can live with a GM motor in your car. You might save a little but not much and then you have what everybody else has. Or you can be different and build a Mopar. The choice is ours, but give our parts producers credit. It's just as hard for them to choose against building GM race parts. And the reason no one is mass producing 4.84 and 5 inch bors spacing blocks and heads for Mopars by the dozens, is because the Mopar crowd would whine about the price. Just ask the guys at Indy. Maybe that's why they treat people the way they do. Hey I'm a whiner too, but I am a Mopar guy and have been for 45 years.

I agree with you. In the end scheme of things I believe the most efficient way to make the parts available is for someone to engineer a way for Predator heads and newer big bore space versions to fit on the GM style blocks. Mopar top, GM bottom only with this guys can't complain about not finding parts and what not. Otherwise, you would have to give new Mopar engines away in order for people to buy them. If I was a billionaire, I would pay people to use what I developed but that has yet to happen. Lord bless me with some Oprah money!

Adriel Paradise
Substation Design Engineer III