Quote:

Quote:

Any bump steer issues with this? That would be the only downside I could see for what appears to be a low $$ idea that actually works.

Kevin

I used the van lca and cut about 1/2 coil off I have a little bump steer nothing too bad but the angles on the tie rods are definetly not ideal..... my that being said I drive my truck everyday and have had no problems ball joint and tie rod wise... but I'm not completly done yet I want to cut the bump stop bracket down and re-weld it back up. I want to mount my strut rods on the bottom of the control arms by making a hole through the lower control arms(others have made a block and mounted it below). I also still want to notch the drivers side upper c.arm for the steering shaft. if I hit a big dip going to fast theres contact(not ideal). again this is only things I have noticed and my

I did exactly the same....Van LCA with the mods above, a set of new springs, half coil cutted and ended up with this problems....when the truck is on the ground the Tie Rod adjusting sleeve is hitting the Ball Joint from the Drag Link (Driver Side). Beside that I was missing a steering stop and the wheel was tilting and leaning toward the Strut bushing.....when I tried to drive outside the garage and was steering...

All problems could be cured with Rack & Pinion Steering by Dakota....but my plan for tomorrow is using the old springs with OEM length to gain at least one inch space
between Ball Joint and adjusting sleeve and adding a steering stop....late maybe mounting the Strud Rod on bottom of the LCA...

Any other Thoughts????