Well as pointed out in the post previously the problem with most heads up stuff is many guys will not show up simply because they dont think they have a chance to win. Simple as that...That mindset it what kills most heads up stuff. Well that along with there is always someone with deep enough pockets to come out and just blow things out of the water. This leads to the previous point and things spiral from there. Problem two as pointed out is everyone seems to want the rules to favor thier particular car. IMO keep it simple. The more simple you keep the rules the more people that MAY show up, I mean brutally simple. If and when the time comes to ad rules, after the ball gets rolling then by all means do it. If guys feel it is unfair that way well they will be the same ones crying foul when they cant compete anyway.

We have a local deal around. The rules here well are pretty much limited to nothing, just an entry fee, usually of a few hundred dollars..Just bring your junk out and hope it is enough. We have everything from tube chassis index cars to Xtreme drag radial cars all competing against each other and may the best man win. BTW the fastes car in attendance has yet to win the money at the end of the night. This format seems to work well and brings out enough cars to make it worth while. just my

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"