I made an attempt to make a head up series here in Southern Alberta, Canada. It was TOUGH. We are in a bracket racing community. PERIOD. haha.

I would say for the first season, we made a bit of success. We tried to run two classes, however we never had enough cars to run both classes.

one class was the 8.5 class. 8.5" x 26" tall tire or a 235/60R15. (quite similar to 8.5 outlaw)

The other class was the 10.5 class. 10.5 non "W" X 30" tall max. (basically cars you would see in TT5)

Our home town is Lethbridge. The closest track we can run at is Medicine Hat, which is a 2 hour tow. In lethbridge, we have some fast street cars, that usually settle things out on a cold dark county road.

The track guys in Med Hat always wondered why Lethbridge guys only came out once or twice a year to the track. Plain and simple, most guys around Lethbridge just want to heads up race! Running this series this year brought out more cars to the track, and less "late night street action". It seems the Med Hat bracket guys seen our heads up series as a failure, however I was happy with how it worked out. We had anywhere from 8-22 cars I believe. I went out in the first round due to a broke throttle cable on the starting line the one time I did make it out with the car, but it was some of the most enjoyable racing for me.

The heads up movement still has yet to hit Western Canada hard I would say. Or maybe it is just our area, but it is coming around. Not sure what we will do this up coming year, I think it may go the way of index racing to get more involvement from the local racers.

Here is a little video of some of the people that came out to support the heads up effort!

http://www.youtube.com/user/StrokerAspen#p/u/14/-bqRULFmQug