Quote:

I would have to say YES its dead.

ProMax Carbs tried to run Extreme street and Muscle Street classes at Mopar Nationals, and Monster Mopar in 2008 and 2009. These were basically muffler "street" classes with weight limits imposed to even out the big blocks and small blocks, broken into power added and non-power added classes. They got 4-6 cars between BOTH classes out of the 200+ cars racing at each event.

No way to get sponsors to support a prize purse in a class when only 2-3 cars participate.

Seemed no one wanted to spend $50 to enter a class when they thought someone was going to be faster. So one 9.80 all-motor car shows up and no other cars would enter the muscle street class.

The rules were fairly simple and I think they can still be found in the forums on the ProMax website.

KOS races did well in the late 90's and into about 2004. Then a few wicked fast cars were built, and everyone else seemed to be satisfied with taking their chances at bracket racing.

Index racing seems to draw racers much easier than heads-up now days. When they run a 6.50 race at a local 1/8 mile track, 15-20 cars would enter. The 10.00 1/4 mile classes seem to do well also.

Just my

Scott

Pro Max's rules were so out in left field it would have cost me over $1000 to try to run in it. a big Indy dominator intake is OK, but my standard port weiand tunnel ram invented in the 70s is a No Go. Give me a break! and the tire rules were even worse.

the problems with Heads Up Racing is there are always to many Rules. i would think that people build cars to there liking first then try to fit into a class second. anyone that fits into some of these classes just flat out gets lucky

Gen 3 power 6.22@110, 9.85@135
Follow @g3hemiswap on instagram

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs