Quote:

if you see someone shop lifting does that give someone the right to go over and beat the crap out of them?
if you see someone running a red light does that give someone the right to go over and run them off the road, slash a tire so they cant drive away?
if you see someone breaking the law where is the line that you are allowed to act on? WHO decides that?

Yes, if it comes to that...I did catch someone trying to shoplift several hundred dollars worth of stuff from me. Met him at the door with a Louisville Slugger. He had the option of putting the stuff back or making me even more angry. He chose the former. He was told not to come back. Maybe I did him a favor and scared him enough that it taught him a lesson, maybe I caused him to decide not do that again to someone else. At least I didn't loose $400 worth of stuff.

I don't know how I would respond if someone blew a red light and injured or killed someone in my family. I hope that never happens.

Who decides? I do. We all have to decide what we will tolerate or how we will respond to bad behavior...and if we are willing to risk the consequences (legal or otherwise) to do the right thing. Allowing yourself to be a victim is not the right thing, you decide if or how you will prevent that.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.