Quote:

just force, that does not mean pouring gasoline on someone...

I don't think so. For a 65 year-old man to REASONABLY detain a felony suspect AND insure his own safety, a REASONABLE person would expect him to resort to something other than shere brute strength,which he may not have. He therefore resorted to other "assets" availible to him & merely threatened the individual. Another way of looking at it is, he was only utilizing his Right of free speech after the "poor, misunderstood" felon "somehow" got gasoline on him. .
GROW UP! Someone stood up to a criminal, the bad guy "lost" & you don't like it!
those that sympathize with the criminal, what would you have Roy do? Let him go? The cops response wouldn't allow for that, so ahe did the best he could with the assets availible....

its not even worth it, I dont feel sorry for the perp, I dont feel like Roy deserves a medal.

its not worth it to explain myself to you or anyone that thinks the good ole days of back yard justice is still justifyable.

if anyone needs to throw a flamable liquid on someone and then threaten them, no Dare them to leave... wow.

I dont feel the guy deserves a break, I am glad that roy caught him and got a couple hits in, but WHERE IS THE LINE???

whats next?

YOU NEED TO GROW UP, it isnt about someone standing up to a criminal, and it isnt that I dont like it, I'm estatic that it happened, but what happened and the hillbilly attitude of WAY TO GO for what happened, is what I dont like... there is justifiable, there is right and then there is going too far, and saying well its in NC and thats his home state so anyone that didnt know roy would.... BS, there is right and wrong, Roy caught the guy doing wrong, and he did wrong in what happened next, detain the guy, call for someone in the next pit to come over and help him, follow him on his pit bike, call security, there were probably a lot more reasonable, YES REASONABLE things he could have done besides dossing the guy with gasoline and threaten him with FIRE if he left.

I hope the guy gets jail time for what he did, btu I hope Roy has to write a FAT check for what he did.

detain and ensure his safety?? if he was worried about his safety then he should have left the guy alone, chase him off, follow him and get TRAINED people to handle it.