Quote:

Quote:

IF the story is true, and he did what the OP says .

And the local authorties allow a beat down and having put in in harms way with a flamable liquid

With no charges, thats wrong ..death for stealing ? Since when is that correct punishment for a crime ?

And most of my points were in regards to the legal system and lawsuit brought against him from the perp

And again I am not on the side of the criminal but, lets just say ..

The person doing the crime is a misguided youth and he is your son ..

The kid does something stupid

Roy DOES dump fuel on him and someone sparks it off and he goes up

You guys are okay with that ? Please

Property can be replaced, most are insured or should be

Death for what a old Holley carb, a laptop ?

You need to get your priorties straight if so

IN AZ, THREATENING the use of deadly force against a suspect in a property crime is legal---actually doing it isn't (weird, huh?) While I've never seen anyone do what Roy allegedly did, I've seen things that were close & believe me, NOTHING was filed against the "assailant".
If someone breaks into my home, RV, whatever I can only assume it's to commit a felony (which burglary is) and that he is willing to go beyond that. In the interest of protecting myself I will insure he is incapacitaited to insure he doesn't escape, harm me or even has the desire to come back. It's all legal, reasonable and to give someone a break 'cause he's "misguided" or "desperate" is merely offering an excuse and rewarding criminal behavior.

I like your attitude.

I guess the only problem is when the perp gets a lawyer and the jackazzes that make up the "jury of peers" decide that you should have offered someone coffee, doughnuts and "counseling" when you catch them violating your space.

MB