Quote:

Quote:

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better , my old dusty 1985 dave morgan chassis tuning manual comes out of retirement, maybe this is the "data" he was referring to.......hmmmmmmm

you must just look at pictures and don't read anything Dave has stated that is they way they done things back in the 60s. he has said many times after testing and solving many vibration and drive train issues he found it not to be correct in his opinion. he now recommends setting of of the motor/tranny center line. nice try though. it must really make you think also take a look, the motor/tranny center line is on the same line as the drive shaft......

Wow!!, How did I miss this thread

All of Dave Morgans pics Shows a desired "Parallel driveline angle."

In the pics it shows that the tranny centerline and pinion centerline are on the Same plane.

In That case 'YES: you can set your Pinion angle Off the Driveshaft Alone for a optimized U jount function.

For the most part in the real world thats not the case. In the Real world if you set Pinion angle off the driveshaft Alone, Its a Crapshoot.

You Have No Idea what your True Pinion Angle is!

Now,Does That really Matter Ahhhh?? Yeah It could Be! Universal jounts are Forgiving.

But heres the Best Point I can Make!!

Universal Jounts Function Best with the Least amount of Friction and also occilation at a Parallel angle.

If your measuring Pinion angle off the Driveshaft alone, your measuring it Blindly.

I think its Time That Once and for all We ALL understand

HOW Universal Jounts Work!!

There is Vidieo on this. They Want a parallel plane. Pure and Simple.

Even Dave Morgan Agrees