Quote:

I'm also curious about the .90g number. I think I read on XV's site yesterday that Level one is good for 1.0g.

In our testing on track using on-board telemetry we've measured 1.0 G sustained (not peak) lateral G with our Level I Suspension and the Level II measured 1.1 G. Car and Driver measures this using a 300 ft circle and timing it. On the car we brought to them they measured it as .90 G vs .68 G for the stock car. As a point of reference Car and Driver measures a C6 Z06 Vette at .99 G. Measured on track that car pulls 1.2 G. G's measured on a track will always be higher than those done on a 300ft circle, and again these are sustained, not peak G numbers.

Our test vehicle was lighter than the one we brought to C&D since it has: two batteries, power windows/doorlocks/decklid, two amps, two subs, speaker box, sound deadener in doors/cabin/roof/trunk, finished trunk and power seat, which the test car didn't. Test car was several hundred pounds lighter.

We also ran the car at C&D w/ KDW's rather than KD's (or Michelin's) - the difference being a wet tire rather than a dry, which would bump the numbers.

Handling is more subjective than just lateral G. What the G's don't show is how the car handles overall.

Here's what Car and Driver had to say about that: "Despite the weight the restomod handled fantastically".