Quote:

The only thing I see wrong with the VX system is they don't have a level 2 set up for the A body cars. As soon as they do thats what I'll be buying.

It's really hard to rationalize doing it for the A-Body cars. Originally we planned to, but right now it's not in the cards.

The reason is that we have launched products for A-Body cars and so far they really don't sell. Tilt columns - for E-Body I can't keep them in stock. B we sell plenty of as well. So far it hasn't been worth the time/money to have done the A body pieces.

Power window kits is another. I've lost track how many we've sold, primarily for E, but also alot of B-body. A-body again, hasn't been worth the effort at all.

Same with other pieces we have, numbers are many fold more for E and B, over the A.

We had put it out there long ago, if we got enough serious people for Level II A-Body, we'd do it. There's a small number who stood up, but not enough to warrant the resources in time and money. Time is our scarcest resource for getting things done. Some things are easy to do and we just knock them out. But bigger projects, we need to be confident the demand is there.

We've already started a Level II for older Mustangs - most of the work is already done. That'll be done before we have an A-Body product. From a business standpoint it's a bigger market and we have requests all day long for us to start building other kinds of cars, including Mustangs.

If there is enough demand, we'll do almost any platform - within reason. I'm sure you've noticed, we're launching many, many different products. That isn't going to stop. Lot's more in the pipeline and all to the same standards we do things to.

So if you really want us to do A-body, in this case it's a function of people stepping up and saying they are really serious - not just a post here, but get in touch with Peter and tell him you're in if we'll do it. He has a list, which has alot of dust on it and not enough names...

Level II Rear would be easy to do on the A-body. Chassis stiffening is pretty easy as well - some is already started on that. Level II Front is where it's going to require some real time and money to do it right.

John