Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

Kinda looks like as he finishes out his career it may be the place to buy parts but not get builds done.

my last order with him I did online a couple years ago. Some clutches and steels and a SOLID non grooved band for my 904. Clutches and steels were what I ordered but I received a welded/reinforced flex band. When I called him on it he stated “that’s what I ordered”…. well that’s not what my screen shots of the order said. He went on to say the flex band was what he used in his race transmissions and it would be good. I ate the core as I wasn’t going to send a solid band back for a flex. At about 20 passes in checking things over I found the front band a little looser than I’d like. Adjusted it up thinking maybe it was something I did. At 82 passes I pulled the trans to take a peak (this is an incredibly stock component build… I know many in the 904 circles that wonder why it’s lasting). What I found was that the mounting point on the flex band had worn/bent some creating the gap. I’ve stayed on top of it and it hasn’t gone any further. Eclipsed 100 passes on it last weekend smile. A friend of mine in the W8/W9 circle had the same experience (with the band purchase).

I’ll also give Mr Cope credit that on another order (727 stuff way back) I ordered on like a Wednesday. He had trouble getting my card to go through, but shipped the stuff anyways. It was the following Monday I was able to call him and get the card ran. I appreciated his trust on that deal.

I have no doubt that John C has built some killer stuff…. but to be honest his “handling” of things has had me…., let’s just say leery.

PTC converters….. after watching my bud Billy run through like 6 of them, you can have them. That converter fiasco almost rivals this trans build.

I’ve had Pro Trans work on two of my 727s and consider Dave and Darren friends. Even had issues with front drum piston throwing springs which nobody was sure why, but it was corrected on my second visit with that trans. I was going to freshen my 904 when it was apart and upgrade the input and output shafts but when I text someone and have to send them two more messages with (???) and then a week and a half later get a reply stating ( I think I can round up those parts)…,, well I was already opening the boxes from Andrews Racing Transmissions. A friend of mine (W8/W9 guy of course) has Chris build his transmissions and highly recommended him. I bought an A&A shaft from a fellow racer (unobtanium) and ended up going “all in” and sent the parts I bought from ART back to them along with case and my output shaft and having them built a complete 904. Chris has called me and texted updates. Very easy person to talk to and I’m looking forward to having a more “robust” trans behind the worlds SLO-est n/a W8 small block smile