Originally Posted by B1duster
Sorry for your trouble BigDad.
This is a little off topic but, I’m a mechanic for 40 yrs, never rebuilt transmissions. I once broke pump gears in a 904 and swapped parts from a /6 904, worked great. In 2011 I bought my wife a new Mercedes, V6 AWD. Salesman asked if I wanted extended warranty, I said no I’m a mechanic.……. who needs a warranty. 2 years 2 months later it’s out of warranty. Trans starts going bad. Mercedes says $10k to replace. Can only put in a new trans, can’t repair it, or reprogram a used one, so can’t get one from a wreck. I was so pissed I let car sit 8 months. Borrowed a car from a family member for wife. One day I decided to tear it apart. Laid everything out nice on a tarp on garage floor. Found bad parts, but can’t buy the parts in US. Mercedes had lock on parts. I tracked parts down from a bearing number and was able to get everything i needed from a trans guy in France !!! I put it all back together and it was perfect. Kept it for years and eventually sold it to a friend of a friend. It’s still going strong today. I believe it was under $500 for parts imported from France and $250-300 for the Mercedes trans fluid they were nice enough to sell me where I bought the car.

I salute and envy your skill level. HOWEVER......Your experience is one of many for NOT purchasing a German automobile! (Unless one has the willingness and $$$$$$ to tend to all those luxury German designs.)

Keep old mopars alive.