I'll just add a little from one of my experiences (the very LAST one) dealing with him. This was about 10 years ago, so he hasn't gotten any better since.

I was wanting to build a fairly expensive 727 (about $2500 to $3000) to put behind my new 499 stroker engine. Not a stock trans, not a true race trans, but something stout enough to handle 500+ hp and close to 600 torque without grenading. Well, we pretty well had it spec'ed out with what parts would be used and had the price figured pretty close. That's when it all went to hell in a handbasket. I made the mistake of asking him for a detailed written parts list with prices, PLUS I asked if he would give me a written warranty on the transmission. He EXPLODED on me on the phone calling me all kinds of things (not nice stuff). Then he followed up with the NASTIEST e-mail I've ever received calling me names that I won't repeat. (I still have that e-mail from him) All because I asked for documentation of the trans build and what my money was going to be spent on. Of course, after that e-mail I received from him, that was the end of it as far as I was concerned. I no longer had any kind of trust or respect for him.

The transmission I wanted for the stroker still got built, but it was done by A&A in Camby, Indiana. I've been very pleased with that transmission for 10 years now and its still going strong. So, in retrospect I guess I owe him a thank you (which will NOT happen after the way he treated me) for showing me his true self and diverting me to A&A instead.