Quote:

I'm more than a little late to this particular dance, but I aligned cars for a living in a previous life.

I cannot speak to alignment specifically targeted at the auto-x crowd.

The specifications for Mopar alignment back then tended toward slightly positive camber, and I have not been horribly dissatisfied with 0 to maybe 1/4 degree positive camber to this day. Therefore, you will not find me among those determined for some negative camber action. What I am in favor of is as much balanced, positive caster as possible. Besides getting toe to something reasonable (no more than 1/8" total in), in my mind there is nothing more important than getting the caster really close side-to-side. Anything else is asking for a come-back due to a complaint of pulling.

Offset bushings (installed to maximize positive caster, not positive camber) are some additional help in the direction of positive caster before abandoning stock UCAs in favor of tubular numbers.

as coincidence may have it, i had just checked my 70 service manual and saw they actually called for positive camber (just like you said).

but i can see how negative camber would aid in cornering.

What do you make of the toe numbers i posted? Can I just rotate the tie rod sleeves an equal amount to get it closer to 1/16" or does it need to go back on the rack?